Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Sexy Valentine and a DT call

Hello All,

It is so nice to be writing to you all tonight, for every minute spent here is one less minute I am logged on to the work laptop.

It's time for a new challenge at Ruby's Rainbow and our theme is

Valentine's Day OR Red or Black

We are also having a DT call, as the lovely Angel has stepped down. If you want to join us on the Design Team, please visit the challenge blog to find out how.

For my DT card I chose to make a Valentine's Day card using my brand new (and very sexy) digi stamp from Kenny K. This is "Sexy Cupid" and isn't she just?


She was coloured with copics and then the edges were sponged with Versa Colour "Sky Blue" ink. I've glitzed up her wings with some KindyGlitz glitter glue. The sentiment was a freebie (and as usual I have no idea where I got it). My DP is "Crazy Love Fudge and Flowers" from Bo Bunny and the ribbon and jewels are from my stash. The swirl is once again from my Magnolia Doohickey die - this die is going to get a workout!

I made this card for a colleague for her husband. I expect I might be making a few more like it before Valentine's Day arrives. My DH and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, but this year I am making him a goofy card that suits us to a tee. Expect to see it in the next week or so.

Make sure you visit Ruby's Rainbow and see what my teammates have created for you. There's such a lovely array of inspiration awaiting you. :)

Also entered into the following challenges:

Just Tracy's Craft - Love is in the air (I love entering these challenges because I'm a Tracey too!)
Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Be My Valentine
The Crafty Pad - New Year's Sparkle Gems and Glitter

and shared on Make It Monday.


Until next time,
Tracey
x

15 comments:

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Lovely card Tracey and great colouring! I too can see you'll be doing more of these for the ladies in your office ;o)! Helen x

Carla S. said...

Fantastic Valentine, Tracey! Love the DP and the fun image! Your coloring is terrific!

Lesley said...

Fab card Tracey, great image and colouring! xx

Dawn said...

Great card Tracey! I love her glittered wings!
Thanks for sharing you fab card with us at The Crafty Pad this week in our New Year Sparkle Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sarah said...

A beautiful card and such a cute image!

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Challenge.

Sarah x

Shirley-Anne said...

Cheeky hussy looks as though she is having fun ..Lovely colouring .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
Shirley-Anne

Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Tracey, fun image and fab colouring!
Jo x

Mandy said...

Beautiful sassy image and I love your colours and great design...Thanks for joining in with us at Just Tracy's...
Mandy x

Stef H said...

absolutely gorgeous! the blue makes everything pop! can't wait to see the "goofy" card you'll be making for hubby!

have a great weekend and thank YOU for your sweet comment on my blog! i'm now following you too! ooooooo what fun is in store, i wonder!

hugs :)

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh what a sexy little cupid she is for sure! I'm sure your colleague is tickled pink with it. :)

Can't wait to see your card next week!
Have a great weekend...
hugs,
Lisa xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Saw your card on MIM and just wanted to say how gorgeous it is.
Diane xx
p.s pop on over to my blog and check out the 1/2 price stamp sale x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Hi Tracey! This is fantastic! Love the colouring and composition. Thanks so much for sharing! Saw this over at Make it Monday and saw your lovely comments on my blog aswell :) Thanks so much! You have beautiful work and I am now following! :)

Mary J said...

Gorgeous Tracey, adore your colouring! Thx for joining us at Make It Monday!

Mary J x

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey, gorgeous card! Love that image and your paper is just beautiful. Sarah

Mina said...

stunning card Tracey, your colouring is just perfect...thanks for joining in with the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge this month
Mina xxx