Wednesday, September 28, 2011

One for the Boys

It's Wednesday evening here and feels like it should be Friday. Why is it that the weeks just fly by so fast - UNTIL you are counting down to holiday. Only three weeks to go until I'm back at the Great Barrier Reef scuba diving with the fishies.

Anyways, it's Ruby's Rainbow Challenge Time! The challenge this fortnight is:

ONE FOR THE BOYS

Now making boys cards is always a bit more of a challenge for me, I mean what can you do if you can't add pearls and lace?? However La La Land have the cutest little boy stamps, and with stamps like those you don't actually need many other embellishments. For my DT work for Ruby's Rainbow, I have used Fireman Luca.


My exciting achievement is the creation of a background paper using Tim Holtz distress ink. I hadn't tried it before and really wasn't at all confident, but I love how it turned out. Now a whole host of distress ink pads are on my wish list!

I hope you'll join us with your own "for the boys" creation at Ruby's Rainbow.

Also entered into the following challenges:
Fussy and Fancy - try a new technique
Southern Girls Challenge - anything goes

Until next time,
Tracey
x

6 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Awww, Tracey...
This is adorable! My hubby is a fire fighter so this is near and very dear to my heart. Wonderful little card and YEAH you for adding to the "wish" list. :D
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Basslady said...

hun, this image is so lovely and your colouring awesome!

GREAT job!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Jacq said...

Hi Tracey,
Oh this is just Fabulous!!! Love the adorable image you've used, the dps, the colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the layout. Coloured perfectly as always.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Céline said...

fab card, i'm agree boys/men card are so hard without embellies like flowers lace....
gorgeous first attempt in distress ink
thanks for plaing with us at fussy and fancy this week
hugs
céline F&F DT

Amanda said...

What a great card and I'm jealous of your holiday plans!!!

Amanda

Ang C said...

A great card - a fab image too